Wednesday, February 12, 2014

The Congo

I recently visited the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Boma for a Project C.U.R.E. medical mission.  I have several posts and pictures headed your way.  Here is the first post of many!

Meeting the Mayor and the Bush Meat and Fish Market

While in the Democratic Republic of the Congo, Boma I attended a bush meat and fish market. They had some crazy food items - everything from monkey, boa constrictor, and porcupine! They hunt all kinds of animals in the bush and kill and cook them. I also had the pleasure of meeting the Mayor of Boma. I was presented with a painted and carved gourd as a gift. I really enjoyed meeting her and will enjoy showing off my new treasure.
 
 The Mayor of Boma presenting me with a gourd.


 I gave the Mayor of Boma one of my novels














For more information about my Summit Murder Mystery series, please visit www.summitmurdermystery.com 
For more information about my philanthropic work, please visit www.charlesirion.com  
Follow me on TWITTER
Friend me on FACEBOOK
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel

No comments:

Post a Comment