Sunday, February 16, 2014

Centre Hospitalier C.E.A.C. Sinai - Boma, DRC


I went to the Deomocratic Republic of the Congo, Boma in order to do a medical assessment for Project C.U.R.E for a hospital there. Before you look at these pictures - picture your own local hospital in your mind. We don't always realize how truly blessed we are to live here in the US. The poverty and need that I've seen is astounding. We get so used to living in our own bubble that we fail to see what is around us. Take a look at these photos and for more information about how you can help, please visit www.projectcure.org.

 Centre Hospitalier C.E.A.C. Sinai Staff February 2014

 Hospital delivery room

 delivery room sink

 Dr. Luzaya Vwanza Thomas, John, Bona, Charles Irion, President of the Hospital, the C.U.R.E. kit, Dr. Khonde Khonde Romain and hospital staff.

 hospital administration's office


 broken ambulance


 restroom facilities


 hospital bed


 dental chair

 lab microscope


 maternity patients


 reception desk


 hospital records


 very old typewriter.  They do not have any computers


 mother with her newborn baby


 staff opening the C.U.R.E. kit donated by me


 surgical table


 road leading in and out of the hospital


 storage container


 scrub room



 surgical room

For more information about my Summit Murder Mystery series, please visit www.summitmurdermystery.com 
For more information about my philanthropic work, please visit www.charlesirion.com  
Follow me on TWITTER
Friend me on FACEBOOK
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel


No comments:

Post a Comment