Monday, January 13, 2014

Passing Out Clothes to Children in Colombia

Hi Everyone!  Thank you for reading my blog!  Did you know that I'm the author of not just one, but thirteen books?  For more information, please visit www.charlesirion.com, www.irionbooks.com and/or www.summitmurdermystery.com 

Over the holiday I spent a couple weeks in Colombia.  I had a wonderful time touring the country, experiencing their culture and visiting with the locals.  In a particularly poor part of town, small children have no clothes.  They literally play in the streets, naked.  Knowing this was the case, we visited several stores before we left the US gathering clothes to bring along with us to give to the children.

Visiting a school in Colombia and handing out new clothes to all of them was a wonderful experience. The children were then able to wear their new clothes to the New Year's Eve festivities that evening.  Seeing the happiness a simple shirt, pants, or dress can bring to a child, really drives home how much we take such simple things for granted.  The principle was there and 80 children were targeted for the donation.  While passing out the clothes, I spoke to the children about the importance of education.

Enjoy the pictures!















For more information about my philanthropic endeavors, please visit www.charlesirion.com
For more information about my Summit Murder Mystery series, please visit www.summitmurdermystery.com 
Follow me on TWITTER
Friend me on FACEBOOK
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel

No comments:

Post a Comment