Friday, January 10, 2014

Colombian New Year's Eve Tradition

Hi Everyone!  Thank you for reading my blog!  Did you know that I'm the author of not just one, but thirteen books?  For more information, please visit www.charlesirion.com, www.irionbooks.com and/or www.summitmurdermystery.com 

While spending time in Colombia with friends, I learned one of the unique traditions they have during New Years Eve.  To banish any ill fortunes or bad things that happened during the year, Colombians make scarecrows to place on their porch, they then write their wishes for the New Year on the scarecrow and at midnight, they burn it.   There are fireworks inside that go off when it's set on fire.  This is their way of representing out with the old, and in with the new!  I hope you all had a wonderful New Year celebration, I sure did!








No comments:

Post a Comment