Monday, June 2, 2014

Project C.U.R.E. Assessment in Bolivia

Every time I do an medical assessment for Project C.U.R.E. in a foreign country I'm reminded again and again how lucky we all are here in the United States.  If we need an appointment to see the doctor, we call them up on the phone, and schedule our appointment, done in five minutes or less.  In Bolivia, town folk wait in line for hours just to make an appointment to see the doctor.  Hours.  They still have to come back and wait in line again later on the day and time of their appointment.

We think our emergency waiting rooms are crowded?  They are nothing compared to the clinic in Bolivia I visited.  10 or move people deep, people wait hours just to be seen.  If they had an emergency in the waiting room, chances are, they may not make it.  It's awful, it's sad, and it makes me want to help.

Project C.U.R.E. sends me to these hospitals and clinics all around the world so that I can help determine what medical supplies they need.  To find out what we can do to try and make these conditions a little bit better.  I'm lucky to be involved in such an amazing institution that wants to make things better. 

Here are some photos from my visit to their clinic.

 Hospital

 waiting in line to make an appointment
 future clinic space
 this space will be cleaned out to make room for a new clinic

filling out the assessment paperwork with the medical staff


For more information about Project C.U.R.E. please visit, www.projectcure.org

For more information about my philanthropic work, please visit www.charlesirion.com  
For more information about my Summit Murder Mystery series, please visit www.summitmurdermystery.com 
Follow me on TWITTER
Friend me on FACEBOOK
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel

No comments:

Post a Comment