Wednesday, March 6, 2013

Project C.U.R.E. Trip to Nicaragua

Hi everyone!  I am thrilled to report in on my current assessment mission with Project C.U.R.E.  I am in Nicaragua and it has been an amazing week!  The PhilanthroTravel Adventure to Nicaragua has been an opportunity to experience the full cycle of the C.U.R.E. Coffee project in action.

The Coffee Project was created in an effort to improve the lives of the farming communities where they source their coffee beans in partnership with Direct Trade farmers.  When a bag of C.U.R.E. Coffee is purchased, $3 of each purchased bag goes to provide medical relief to the same villages and surrounding communities where the coffee beans for bags of Boca Java's C.U.R.E. Coffee are grown.

My itinerary has been  very exciting and full.  I've met with esteemed Nicaraguan dignitaries to hear first hand about their challenges and to understand their vision for their country.  I have assisted with C.U.R.E. clinic doctors and nurses on the coffee farm as they cared for injured and ill farmers and their families.  I'm picked coffee beans and explored the farm grounds, I can't wait to be part of a celebratory event to thank us for our efforts and my favorite part so far was delivering Project C.U.R.E. care kits to local children.

Here are a few pictures for you from my week so far, I can't wait to share more when I return!

 Delivering supplies
 With children that received new croc shoes and C.U.R.E. care kits
 Our great team posing with the new Crocs for the children

 Passing out multi-vitamins
A few of the children that received vitamins
 
 Children peeking at us
Truck container full of supplies! 

For information on how you can help, please visit http://www.projectcure.org 

To order my new book Murder on Kilimanjaro, CLICK HERE
For more information about the Summit Murder Mystery series, CLICK HERE
Follow me on TWITTER
Friend me on FACEBOOK
Subscribe to my YOUTUBE channel

No comments:

Post a Comment